FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES/ BACKGROUND/ SCOPE OF THE MINISTRY
- i). Policy formulation and control over Primary, Secondary and State-owned Tertiary Institutions in consonance with the National Policy on Education;
- ii). Planning, research and development of education;
- iii). Monitoring and evaluation of educational programmes to ensure quality.
- iv). Provision of broad educational services:
- Co-ordination of activities of Educational Management Boards and Parastatals (SSEB, SUBEB, STSB, Library Board, ANFE, AKSSB) as prescribed by the enabling laws;
- Exercises control over State-Owned Tertiary Institutions, namely: AKSU, AKWA-POLY, COE, AKS College of Arts & Science;
- Conduct of examinations, testing and evaluation at primary and junior secondary school levels;
- Provides appropriate education laws and ensures their enforcement.